San Jose del Cabo is the seat of the Los Cabos Municipality, it’s located at the end of the Baja California peninsula. San José was founded in 1730 when the San José del Cabo Añutí Mission was established. Los Cabos received more than 1.2 million tourists in 2011 and in the 2010 census the city had a total population of 69,788 inhabitants.
- Geographical location: 23.03º41”N & 109º42’29”W.
- 10 m above sea level.
- Founded in 1730 by Jose Echeverria.
- Time zone: Mountain Standard Time, UTC-7
- Flights arrive at SJD, Los Cabos International Airport
If Cabo San Lucas is a lively cosmopolitan tourist destination, San José del Cabo is relaxed, peaceful and colonial, it’s more what you have in mind when thinking of a typical Mexican town.
View Hotels & Resorts in San Jose del Cabo Cabo on a larger map
The beautiful historical downtown area with pedestrian areas, the colonial design houses and buildings and the relaxed rhythm with which things occur in the town.
- Mijares Plaza
- Mission of San Jose del Cabo Church
- City Hall
- Casa de la Cultura (Cultural Center)
- San José del Cabo Estuary
- Puerto Los Cabos
- Art District & the Art Walk